1. Light-Fix is a division of King's Chandelier Services Ltd whose Registered Office is situated at Riverside House Maldon Road Heckfordbridge Colchester Essex CO3 0SW. This address is to be used by for ALL correspondence. Telephone 01206332938. This address does not receive customers without email confirmation and then only on an agreed date and time.
1b. Our Terms and Conditions have been updated 1st February 2023 and this version is the updated version. These Terms & Conditions apply to both Consumer and B2B (business/trade) Customers Please note some sections may be applicable to Consumer or B2B only - this will be defined in the relevant section.
2. We will endeavour to fulfil orders within TWO working days (classed as Monday to Friday – day one being the day following receipt of cleared funds) FOLLOWING receipt of cleared payment. If you require a speedier delivery service please telephone 01206332938 to discuss this. Antique stock, wooden pattress and hand finished items may take slightly longer. Any delay in dispatch will be notified to the customer via email – BULK/LARGE orders may have a longer lead time please email [email protected] for lead times or telephone 01206332938
3. Light-Fix reserves the right to provide an alternative product without customer reference if this is deemed to perform the task and will not be detrimental to use.
4. Orders under FIFTEEN POUNDS sterling with be sent standard delivery at the customers own risk. Orders exceeding FIFTEEN POUNDS will be dispatched using a signed for mail service unless advised otherwise via email. The tracking number will be available upon written request.
5. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure arrangements are made to sign for delivery of the order, should the order be returned to Light-Fix marked “not called for” or similar re-dispatch will be made on receipt of a further postage charge.
6. If you wish to enquire as to the progress of your order please email [email protected] detailing your order number, date of order, name the order was placed under and delivery address. We will endeavour to respond within 24 hours Monday to Friday – orders cannot be progressed by telephone as the office does not have access to the dispatch books during office hours.
7. Lighting components - Orders are packed well however should there be a problem with your order please advise us within forty eight hours of receipt by email stating your full name, address and order number so that we may be able to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
7a. Missing Items - Any shortages must be reported within forty eight hours of receipt by email stating your full name, address and order number including condition of packaging at time of delivery, all parcel weights, at the time of dispatch, are retained by the courier.
8. Chandelier Parts - Glass and Crystal – including electric light bulbs Our orders are well packaged and every effort is made to ensure that they are delivered in good condition, however please remember that these items are exempt from Royal Mail and Courier Delivery Services Insurance and therefore King’s Chandelier Services Ltd will not be held liable to supply replacements or refunds. Please note that when shipping internationally couriers may class glass and crystal as non-compensation items this may cover loss as well as damage for this reason on large orders we may split deliveries over more than one parcel and/or courier dispatching at different times so you order may arrive on separate days - we are not responsible if a courier refuses to refund for damage or loss.
8a. Chandelier Parts - Glass and Crystal - Whilst we describe these items as accurately as possible please note that these items are Original Parts and in some instances Very Old and therefore there may be some signs of age. Please bare this in mind when purchasing.
9. Force Majeure King’s Chandelier Services Ltd T/A Light-Fix shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control
10. Consumer Returns - B2B Trade Customers Please see 10A - To comply with Distance Selling Regulations returns are accepted under the following conditions:-
11. Please note some items are excluded from our returns policy – those items excluded are clearly marked on the website.
12. Delivery Charges - International customers including European countries – international postage is automatically calculated on the majority of items however please note some items are excluded from these postal charges and you will need to email us for further details – these items are clearly marked. The majority of orders are dispatched using one of Royal Mail's international postage services however we reserve the right to upgrade to courier dependant on order value. Please note that Royal Mail has a weight restriction of 2kg on international postage services, please contact us if you believe your order may exceed this to discuss shipping options, as we reserve the right to charge a shipping surcharge on orders exceeding 2kg.
13. VAT and Import Duties - When selling internationally, including Europe, sales are on DAP basis, Delivered At Place, this means that VAT. Import Taxes and any associated costs are paid by the customer and are not the responsibility of Light-Fix (King's Chandelier Services Ltd). Please note that these costs are payable by the customer in the event of refusing to accept delivery or returning the items. Where delivery is refused and/or not collected and your order is returned to ourselves please be aware that the aforementioned costs will be deducted from any refund due together with initial carriage charges and will be subject to Remorse Return charges - refunds in relation to such returns will be delayed until we are advised of any charges by the appropriate authorities If you require further details regarding ordering for overseas delivery please email [email protected] before placing your order.
14. Orders for Chandeliers, Wall Lights and Lanterns will be subject to personal liaison in respect of delivery dates
15. Delivery Charges - Delivery Charges quoted on the order form do NOT apply to the purchase of Chandeliers, Wall Lights and Lanterns. These delivery charges will be quoted to you on receipt of order, Chandeliers may be collected in person by appointment or delivered at a cost of £1.00 per mile round trip within the UK - couriers will NOT be used – payment for delivery will be required prior to delivery date. Should delivery be booked the Customer will ensure that either a clear path is provided at the delivery address without obstacles’ to ensure safe delivery or that the Customer will accept full responsibility and arrange for the order to be removed from the delivery vehicle at their own risk. Should these terms not be met once the Companies representative attempts delivery the Company reserves the right to refuse to complete delivery at that time and the Customer will be responsible for further delivery charges. The Companies Liability for damages ceases once the collection/delivery note is signed by the Customer.
16. Customers should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions.
Click here to download/print out Terms and Conditions.